OZERNAYA RIVER CAMP – KAMCHATKA PENINSULA, RUSSIA
Join Old Souls' James Caroll and Yellow Dog Fly Fishing's Tom Melvin, as we return to Russia's far east for a week of fly fishing in some of the most remote wilderness on the planet.
The Kamchatka Peninsula is over 100,000 square miles, making it roughly the size of California, yet despite its vast size there are virtually no roads. Access to the peninsula's interior and its thousands of untouched rivers is limited to Soviet-Era MI-8 Helicopters. The Old Souls crew has made this trip many times but sat out the last few years. We are beyond excited to be in the midst of planning our return in the summer of 2020.
After an overnight in Anchorage and an early AM flight across the Bering Sea, anglers load a bus with their outfitters to transfer to one of the various heliports in the area - although heliport may be a strong word. Most of these places are open fields or farms and it is not uncommon to be loading the heli with your outfitter amongst a herd of grazing sheep.
Fishing mouse flies for giant Rainbow Trout is the primary mission here, but a day throwing streamers can be the most productive trout fishing an angler has ever seen. Aside from the Rainbows - 5 species of salmon span here - Chinook (King), Chum, Pink, Sockeye (Red), and Coho (Silver) salmon arrive en masse depending ont he time of year. For those that want to fish traditional dry flies, Dolly Varden and Grayling can make for some exciting distractions to the primary action. Lastly, there is the Siberian white-spotted char, aka the Kundzha. Endemic only to the Far East, they do not exist on the US side of the Pacific. Most are of average to large trout size, but the occasional sea-run Kundzha can truly be something to behold.
- Six (6) nights lodging at the Ozernaya Jetboat Camp
- Five and a half (5.5) days of fully guided fishing
- Possible arrival day and departure day fishing (will be dictated by transportation schedule and weather)
- Round-trip bus and helicopter transportation from Petropavlovsk to the Ozernaya Camp
- All meals at Ozernaya Camp
- All non-alcoholic beverages plus, beer and vodka for the week
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare to Anchorage, Alaska (ANC)
- Airfare from Anchorage, Alaska (ANC) to Petropavlovsk, Russia (PKC)
- Hotel accommodations, meals and transfers in Anchorage (if necessary)
- All flies and terminal tackle
- Rods, reels, waders, boots and all other fishing equipment
- Russian fishing license
- Gratuities for guides and camp staff (payable in U.S. dollars)
- Russian visa and visa processing fees
- Trip insurance and Global Rescue insurance policies (required)
Located in Russia's far east, the Kamchatka Peninsula splits the Bering Sea and the Sea Of Okhotsk
July 27 – August 3, 2020 (arrive to Anchorage on July 26, depart from Anchorage on August 3, 2020)
Package price $8,695.00 per person
|FOR MORE INFORMATION:|
Contact James Caroll: email@example.com